Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Two Outings / One Day



  First sunny day in a week.
  Still early March, cold, but I have to get out and paint a little bit.




Looking for a spot off the road, morning light.




  Last time I painted plein-air was here in Umbria last spring, so I am itching to get out and paint .




About to get started.








A very pretty, poetic setting.
















  
  These panels I purchased in Rome are new for me, but they are standard european gesso on birch panels. Really beautiful, and beautiful to work on.
  I started with these small ones, but I think I'll buy some larger ones either in Florence, or perhaps Cortona has them.












My set up in the field.




It's a simple thing, really, but forty years of painting experience
hopefully, will make it special.




  Late in the afternoon, same day, another long view.
  A long view of the lake next to a vineyard near a small village, Vaiano.











Dropped pencils and pens caught Janelle's eye.









Late afternoon long shadows made for a fun shot.

  

  The short videos speak for themselves.





































A finished "Painted Poem".



No comments:

Post a Comment