Monday, April 22, 2013

This Year's Gouaches, So Far


  

You have to keep in mind these are all small, intimate images, measuring approximately 3X3 to 5X5 inches. 
  They are all little love songs to Umbria. Personal novellas.
  
  We will mat and frame each piece, simple and clean. We look forward to showing them, along with the 8X8 inch oil on board paintings, and the large oil on canvas works, in the gallery when we return.
  


  The first group represents the earlier works of this trip.




1






2






3






4






5






6






7






8






9






10






11






12






13






14





15






16






  Later in the trip, a new idea was formed. I may not continue in this vien, but for the moment, I'm riding this wave to see where it leads. 
  There is a seed here of potential ideas for growth, for the future. 
  Funny, the wind died, the rain stopped, the sun came out, and my work changed into something else, a new direction?
   I have to wait and see where it takes me. I have to follow it's lead.





17






18






19






20






21






22






23





   Now, the last week here, I have about 5 more pieces I have to finish.

  Today is another rain day, but good, sunny days are in the forecast.
  Sitting by the fire with a glass of wine, Janelle and I are enjoying going over the work I've done so far.
  It's been a good trip.

1 comment: