Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Work Begins In Umbria


Slowly getting back in the work mode here in Italy.
It has been almost two years since I've painted plein-air, and I've finally been out in the fields doing some small oil on panel pieces.
Also working in the studio on larger oil on canvas paintings.

I started with just a few small sketches, to loosen up.





I had to get shopping for canvas and more paint. It took a while just to get my plein-air 'kit' together and the studio set up.

One of two rolls of canvas I've finally got back to the studio!


We had a trip to Florence, where we made a visit to the Uffizzi...that got my juices flowing.








I've done a few small landscapes and have two big studio paintings in the works, so I'm getting it together.









I feel so lucky to have so much to be inspired by here.






In the studio


I bought one roll of prepped canvas, meaning it's already gessoed, and one roll of raw linen that I'm prepping myself.
Two completely different surfaces to work with in the studio.










It's always nice to just stop and sketch. I add color later on, with notes I've made while I draw.















 

I'll keep posting here, as well as on Instagram:
#galleryapodaca
#johnnymapodaca

No comments:

Post a Comment