Saturday, March 23, 2024

Painting Again In Umbria...First Time Out, 2024


It's always hard to get started painting, but I have to start somewhere.
Between getting the studio in shape and making certain I have my supplies in order, it takes time.

Then there is the weather element. It's been cold, wet and windy, like it can be in March.
This week, we have seen the start of Primavera, and it has given me some sunny and almost warm days.
I finally got out to do some plein-air work.

There is always so much stuff to haul around. I often just stay by the car, but on this first time out, we hiked a fair distance with all the supplies one needs to get the job done.




 


I set up to paint, Janelle takes photos, then she settles in with a book.



 It's a lot to organize and keep together.









So lucky and grateful to have this ongoing opportunity to work here in Umbria.












Just some of the stuff...

I still need to get more painting supplies, so we will be heading to Florence soon. I plan to do some more painting while we are there.

Getting the first piece done. It's always a relief. I hope I can get out again asap.


















Not bad. Nice and loose. I'm pleased.





No comments:

Post a Comment