Friday, March 29, 2019

In The Studio...Umbria 2019


The Italian Studio.


  First of all, I had to rearrange the furniture in the studio. I had to flip it around because this trip I am concentrating on larger format canvases, not the smaller plein-air paintings I've done in the past here.






  Each day there is something new I have to readjust, or buy to make the studio my own here. 
  Slowly but surely the studio and I begin to work together, kind of like a team.
  I enjoy the process of the studio developing on it's own time line.






  An artists's studio is an intimate and special place, with it's own personality. 
  But then it's time to do the work.

  The paintings are all inspired by my time spent absorbing the local landscape here in Umbria.
  Absorbing the light and color.






  I will ship these works back home to show in our gallery later this year. 

  The direct inspiration of these particular paintings is very different than the small plein-air paintings I've done here in the past.

  This time there is a direct intuitive abstract relationship.
  They are not so contextually related to a place or a time...for example a farmhouse, or a road...a line of trees...this is a search for a connection to an inner light.





  Just another day in this artist's studio.
  Always there is more work to be done.




No comments:

Post a Comment