Saturday, February 4, 2012

Artist At Work/Plein Air Umbria

  
  My hope with this new blog is to allow people to get an idea of how I work while traveling. Many of you are already aware of our journeys, and have begun collecting pieces from these trips. Thanks! I never take for granted the support you have shown me through the years.  Hopefully, this blog will give you even more insight to my process. 
  This year we will be going off again to Umbria to paint a new collection that we look forward to showing this summer. Janelle and I will both be blogging here while we are away, and if you choose, you can check out the blog from time to time to see what I'm up to. 
  The photos below are from our trip in 2011, Umbria. I brought home 20 really nice small paintings. This year, the plan is to do many more, and in different sizes. I love this area of Italy, and look forward to being back there to paint again, and be inspired. Last year I was able to paint several large canvases, abstracts, in the studio after returning home. Really great inspiration. 
  So, bookmark the blog as a favorite, and keep checking in over the spring and summer! In the meantime, these are some working shots for you to enjoy...
  


At work in the fields!

Hand made paint box in action.

A rainy day made for nice, moody light...

Nice apron I borrowed...

I did two from this spot that day.

My office abroad.

A gorgeous day in Tuscany...

Outside of Pienza, a classic scene.

From the walls of an Umbrian hilltown.

Nice result.

Sketching in the olive grove. 
A spring day in Umbria.

I found the light of inspiration...

Arbitrary color.

No comments:

Post a Comment