Saturday, May 14, 2022

More Painting In The Field


I feel so lucky to enjoy this tradition of painting plein-air here in Umbria.
The weather has finally turned warm, no heavy winds to make it difficult, if not impossible.

I do these small paintings often as sketches for larger canvases I'll work on in the studio.
In the meantime, it's just nice to be outside doing what I love to do.




Getting all set up.



I have everything I need in the trunk of the car, just in case.


Janelle takes photos of me working, then walks or reads.









Trying to capture the colors of late spring.




Colors and shapes.





Me working, way down there.





I did a couple of paintings in this spot.









I really liked the farm house in the background, with blue shutters. It caught my eye as we drove by.


 



I hope I can get a few more small paintings done to bring back to the gallery soon. I'm finished with the large studio canvases and we'll ship those home this week.
Janelle will be posting all the new work on our website when we return. 

We don't want to leave, as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment