Friday, October 8, 2021

Painting Near Montefalco



Janelle and I took a little road trip last weekend, and I spotted an area I wanted to check out to paint.

We pulled down a side road and I set up to do a small plein-air oil. 
The light was good, still morning time.












I try to keep my painting gear in the trunk, so if I see an area that interests me, I'm ready. It's a lot of stuff to haul around, but that's part of the job.




















I always start by laying in some lines and color, and then go from there.




Janelle takes a few photos, maybe a video...then she'll go walking or read a book. I just zone in on the work.




If I can find a good spot to pull the car over, it's great. If not, I have a kit I can carry out to the fields, or where ever.I like to find some shade for myself, ideally, but I always have my hat.





I'm working with this new Sienna pochade box, and really liking it. I bought it back home, and brought it in my luggage here, to Italy. I'll leave it here in my studio.






It's been slow getting started but I have a few small paintings done, and a couple of large studio pieces. 
So far, so good...




 

No comments:

Post a Comment